Last Updated: March 5, 2013
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name, address and email address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through the CouponAlert Site, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on the CouponAlert Site or provide to us in some other manner, including during registration, when you choose to utilize any of the CouponAlert Services, when you request or sign up to receive goods or services from one or more of our partners, when you enter into a promotion sponsored by CouponAlert and/or one of our partners, when you fill out a user survey, when you contact or provide such information to our customer service center, or when such information is contained in any video, comment or other submission you upload or post to the CouponAlert Site or via the CouponAlert Services. This includes identifying information, including without limitation your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit the CouponAlert Site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit the CouponAlert Site, we may assign your computer one or more cookies Cookies, to facilitate access to our site(s) and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site(s), such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site(s). Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to DeclineCookies, please note that you may not be able to use some of the features offered on or via certain CouponAlert Site and/or Toolbar features.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons Beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the CouponAlert Site. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by FunWebProducts. By visiting the CouponAlert Site and using the Toolbar, you may have the ability to access certain other features. The privacy practices of the Mindspark Homepage are set forth here; and the privacy practices of the other FunWebProducts websites associated with the Toolbar are set forth here.
- Information collected by Partners. By visiting the CouponAlert Site and using the CouponAlert Services, you may have the ability to access certain sites or features provided by one or more of our third party partners. The privacy practices relating to any such partners may be found on their respective websites. We strongly recommend you take the time to familiarize yourself with these practices prior to using the relevant site or feature.
- Information collected by other third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements or place ad tags or beacons on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as Cookies , to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Unless expressly stated otherwise, our Website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies Network Advertising.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you or send you information about our products;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our CouponAlert Site and the associated Toolbar.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, providing email or electronic message delivery, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you use the CouponAlert Site, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products and/or services. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (go to IAC for a listing of these businesses). We may share information we collect, including personal information, with the IAC companies.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our IAC sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our CouponAlert Site and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
MATERIALS AND SUBMISSIONS
By uploading materials or otherwise submitting any materials to us (collectively, the "Materials"), you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such Materials has expressly granted)Mindspark a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such Materials, including your first name and last initial or incorporate such Materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, through multiple tiers, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent that any Materials contain creative suggestions, recommendations, ideas, notes, drawings, or other information (collectively, the "Submissions"), the Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, our property. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part, and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, we shall exclusively own, and you assign to us, all right, title and interest in and to the Submissions of every kind and nature throughout the universe and we shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
If you have registered with the CouponAlert Site, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in your inability to use or access certain features of the CouponAlert Site or CouponAlert Services, purchase products or services, participate in a promotion, ask a question, or initiate other transactions on our website.
- When you register on our website, you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about new features, events, product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special distributions of content by us. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by clicking on http://www.email.couponalert.com/Unsub.do?a=u&e= and editing your preferences with respect to the receipt of commercial or promotional emails, or by contacting customer service. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner or an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties or the IAC family of companies for direct marketing purposes by emailing us at support\at\help.couponalert.com.
You can choose not to allow Mindspark to collect certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use all of the features of the CouponAlert Site and/or Toolbar. You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties or the IAC family of companies for direct marketing purposes by clicking on the following link and entering the email address associated with your account: click here.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access your information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of any personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our Website. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at FTC for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
VISITING OUR WEBSITES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW TO CONTACT US
you would like to request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for
their direct marketing purposes, please contact us by email or postal mail as follows:
Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.
One North Lexington, 9th Floor
White Plains, NY, 10601
ATTN: Privacy Officer/Legal Dept.
END OF DOCUMENT.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. When you sign in to your account on our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a
unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users
or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive, web beacons
are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
Please click HERE to return to our homepage.